I was delighted to finally have the chance to speak to Irish Ambassador to Great Britain, Adrian O’Neill, on the show.
Ambassador O’Neill has been in London for about 18 months now and it was great to catch up. Hopefully later in the year, Ambassador O’Neill will come back on the show and choose an hour of his favourite tunes (he chose Villagers to play on this week’s show) but today was all about St Brigid’s Day and how the festivities have grown from a day’s celebration to a whole weekend’s full of events.
St Brigid’s Day celebrations started in 2018 in London and has quickly grown. Last year’s event in the Embassy of Ireland was one of the most spoken about. The festivities celebrate the creativeness of Irish women.
You can get a PDF download of all the St Brigid’s Day’s events from the Embassy of Ireland in Great Britain here
The London Ear // Show 230 January 26th 2019 – Playlist
Here’s this week’s playlist for The London Ear.
1. Bouts: Love’s Lost Landings Part 2
2. The Murder Capital: Feeling Fades
3. Dermot Kennedy: For Island Fires and Families
4. whenyoung: Never Let Go
5. The Cranberries: All Over Now
6. Thanks Brother: We Caught It
7. Chat with Ambassador Adrian O’Neill
8. Loah and Elaine Mai: Nothing
9. Chat with Ambassador Adrian O’Neill Part 2
10. Villagers: Sweet Saviour
11. ASmyth: Fever
12. Roisin Murphy: The Rumble
Thanks for listening, The London Ear broadcast on DAB radio, Saorview and outside Ireland you can listen online. You can listen to the show again on the RTE player. The show is broadcast every Saturday at 1300.
Until next week.. look after yourselves.